11501_4759_SASA_BlogHeader-02.jpg

Suzuki hosts conference in Africa

Date: 28 Feb 2013

 

 

Suzuki Auto South Africa recently hosted the very first Suzuki African Distributors' Conference on behalf of Suzuki Motor Corporation in Japan. The first-ever Suzuki Africa Distributor Conference was attended by 40 delegates from 20 African countries.

The Suzuki automotive brand is represented in 147 countries across the globe and has experienced significant growth over the past five years; global production increased from 2,6 million units in 2007 to 2,8 million units in 2012. 64% of this production came out of overseas production plants, while the remaining 36% of vehicles produced came from Japan. For the African market, vehicles are currently sourced from production plants in Japan, India and Indonesia and planning is well underway to expand production sources to include Hungary and a newly established facility in Thailand.

Driving the anticipated growth in Africa over the next five years, is the fact that Suzuki is planning to introduce many new models globally over the next three to four years, as well as anticipated economic growth on the African continent. Suzuki will be focusing on expanding its dealer network in Africa as well as strong emphasis on after-sales support activities such as parts, service and customer satisfaction.

As for Suzuki's operations in South Africa, Kazuyuki Yamashita, Managing Director of Suzuki Auto South Africa remains confident about the brand's future growth and prospects. "In 2012, South Africa was the second biggest market for Suzuki in Africa. With the continuous expansion of our local dealer network as well as our increased model offering to the local market, we are looking forward to playing a significant part in the achievement of SMC's sales targets."

[print_gllr id=198]

Epic Sports Road Trips - The Cape Town 7s in the Suzuki Vitara.

Epic Sports Road Trips - The Cape Town 7s in the Suzuki Vitara.

There are a few global sporting events that you need to visit at least once in your life. The FIFA...

More
What to do during a roadblock

What to do during a roadblock

Being pulled over can be quite intimidating, but it doesn’t have to be that way. Know your rights...

More
Epic road trip: Joburg to Cape Town

Epic road trip: Joburg to Cape Town

 

Instead of rushing to the coast, why not try this eight-day road trip itinerary through five...

More

To keep your car running optimally, all Suzuki customers who are outside their service plan can book an express service at a Suzuki dealership and keep their car running smoother.

Book an express service
Register for your license reminders
Click here download your guide to buying your child a car

Subscribe to our blog!

Download our collection of family car games
Instalment calculator