With most things in life, having the ‘right connection’ can make things much easier. The same way you want to have a ‘go-to’ hairdresser or electrician, having a ‘go-to’ dealer will make your vehicle ownership experience much more enjoyable.
Estimated reading time: 3 minutes, 48 seconds.
1. Not just a numberWe all hate being treated as ‘just another client’ and we connect with a brand when we connect with the people who represent a specific brand. This cuts both ways: by building a connection with your dealer you are, in a way, letting them get to know your own ‘personal brand’. This makes a difference in many ways, from having the dealer know when you would be interested in specific vehicles to helping you choose the right vehicle accessories to suit your lifestyle.
According to Charl Koen, Sales Manager at Suzuki Worcester, “The fact is that people buy cars from people and not computers, so we endeavour to give every customer that walks through our doors, or phones or sends an email, the best possible customer service. If a customer ends up feeling like a family member, you are sure to retain his future business and get business from their friends and family. Customer excellence starts from building a strong bond with our customers.”
From a customer’s point of view, a good relationship with your dealer will always mean you get better service - simply because they know what you want.
2. First in lineIf you’re the type of customer who wants first dibs when a new model is released, a good relationship with your dealer will get you on the shortlist. We’re not saying you have to walk in there every day with a box of doughnuts (although very few dealers would complain..), but a basic human connection will keep you top of mind.
Think of it this way: let’s say you are selling shoes and someone contacts you to explain why they love those shoes and to please put them on the list for the new shipment. You go on to have a lovely conversation. When the new batch comes in, that person is going to come to mind first. It’s the same with cars - if your dealer knows what you like they will think of you first when they spot a vehicle that’s perfect for you.
3. Peace of mindOne of the key reasons customers keep going back to dealers with whom they have a relationship is simple: trust. If you have a good relationship with your dealer you know that they are trustworthy (otherwise it wouldn’t be a good relationship), and this gives you peace of mind knowing that your vehicle is in good hands.
For most of us, a vehicle is a serious expense and you want to be assured that it’s going to be looked after with the utmost care. If you know your dealer, then you know that this assurance makes your ownership experience much more enjoyable.
4. Future plansBy building a good relationship with your dealer, you also know that you have someone on your side, no matter what your future plans are with your vehicle. Whether you’re waiting for a new model, planning a trade-in, or wanting to keep your current vehicle for as long as possible, a good relationship with your dealer means you have access to the best possible advice.
5. Part of the familyAnd, of course, when it comes to our Suzuki dealers - you want to be part of the family. No matter what Suzuki you drive, you know you are part of a very special motoring family, and a good relationship with your dealer is an easy way to stay in the loop with all things Suzuki.
Want to experience the Suzuki Way of Life for yourself? Book a test drive at a dealer near you.
There are so many questions to ask your dealer that you may not know where to start or might forget some really vital ones. Not to worry, our handy guide has all the questions you need to ask your dealer from servicing, finance, specs to know and more.