Car services are essential to keeping your car running smoothly and save you a lot of money in the long run. Here are six reasons why you need to service your car.
Car services are the regular ‘doctor’s’ appointments your car needs to keep running smoothly, and are often included in your initial payment of the car. Says Cars Guide, “A full service will include fluid level checks and or changes depending on the system. Hydraulic fluid is hydroscopic (attracts and absorbs water) and should be changed at regular intervals. Water in hydraulic fluid has the potential to corrode the system from the inside with predictable results.”
Your first service (for Suzuki at least) should occur at 15 000 km or one year (whichever comes first), and then every 15 000 km or once a year.
Here are six reasons why you need to service your car regularly:
- Safety: Thousands of accidents each year are the direct result of poorly maintained cars on the road. Regular service checks can keep your family, your car and other motorists safe from harm.
- It will save you the inconvenience of a breakdown: Breaking down on the side of the road is a waste of your precious time. It also puts you at risk, while you’re waiting for help to arrive. Regular services ensure that you won't land up stranded in the middle of nowhere.
- Car performance: You can reduce wear and tear and lengthen your car’s lifespan by keeping up with regular maintenance.
- Lower overall cost of ownership: Many of the large-scale and expensive problems with cars can be identified early and prevented with regular servicing.
- Higher resale value: Most buyers want to know a car's service history before making a secondhand purchase. Keeping your car well maintained and your records in order will ensure you receive a better offer when you eventually need to sell your car.
- It’s better for the environment: Car emissions produce pollution, but proper maintenance will ensure that your car emits lesser amounts of dangerous fumes and fluids into the water and air.
To keep your car running optimally, all Suzuki customers can book your service at a Suzuki dealership and keep their car running smoother with genuine parts and expert knowledge.
Subscribe to the Suzuki blog and you'll receive our latest content straight to your inbox. With expert tips and tricks from buying, to maintaining, driving (safely) and eventually trading in your car, you won't want to miss a post.